Between loads of laundry, endless bottles of toiletries, gallons of water, and small appliances, bathrooms can be major resource hogs. They are also often the most frequently used rooms in the house so, first and foremost, they need to be functional. By making a few simple changes to your bathroom decor you can help reduce clutter and chaos while creating a clean, serene, eco-friendly oasis in your home.
1. Bamboo bath mats help keep water away from floors and, unlike solid mats, allow air to circulate to dry them off quickly. Plus, they can be easily rinsed-off in the shower without adding to the laundry pile.
2. Air-purifying plants help filter moisture out of the room to keep surfaces fresh and clean. Look for low-light loving indoor plants, or go ultra low-maintenance with a simple air plant hanger.
3. Beautiful baskets pull double duty as convenient storage containers and decor, minimizing the need for additional clutter on shelves, counters, or floors.
4. Quick-dry fabrics like lightweight Turkish-towels are often made of sustainable cotton or bamboo materials and require less time in the washer and dryer. Keep hand towels or washcloths within guest's reach by displaying them in a decorative bowl.
5. Buy bath products in bulk or DIY all-natural alternatives and decant them into decorative jars to save $$$ and reduce the amount of waste that's produced on a regular basis. Keep makeup or travel-sized items in a pretty pouch that can be easily tossed into a gym bag on the go!
. . .
Enjoy the process,