From fringe to vintage embroidery, when it comes to beautiful Bohemian-inspired decor, the secret lies in blending eclectic textiles and layers of colorful pillows. When mixing patterns and colors, there are a few tricks to keep in mind so that the space doesn't become cluttered and chaotic, or look like a Moroccan flea market exploded in your home... unless, of course, that's what you're going for. Below are a few great examples of modern Bohemian spaces that are full of personality without everything in the room competing for attention.
get the look:
Here are a few tricks to keep in mind when recreating a modern bohemian look at home:
1. Keep large pieces neutral - walls, large pieces of furniture, etc. should serve as your blank canvas for layering on color, texture, and pattern
2. add a touch of metallic sparkle with a mirror, side table, sculpture, or decorative piece
3. use sustainable and reclaimed natural materials like wood, leather, and woven baskets as much as possible
4. add a houseplant, or two, or 10... if you keep them happy and healthy, your plants will return the favor.
5. implement mulit-level seating so friends can recline as comfortably on a shag rug or floor pouffe, as they can on the couch. Can you smell the Moroccan mint tea??